BROUGHT TO YOU BY
The Fine Print
- Your business must be located in Sarnia-Lambton or Chatham-Kent County
- Your business may be a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation. However, no franchises, multi-level marketing businesses, or individuals intending to purchase an existing business are eligible to participate.
- Your business has been in operation three years or less.
- Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 28th at 5:00 pm EST.
- Contest Officials will pick the top 3 finalists which will be announced Friday, August 30th.
- The finalists will be contacted and CR Creative Co. will develop a short 1 – 2-minute video highlighting the individual and business.
- Once the videos are complete, these videos will be use to promote each of the finalists through social media.
- Starting Tuesday, September 17th, an online voting application will be launched and the public will have a chance to vote for their favourite contestant.
- Online voting will close on Friday, October 4th at 12:00 pm EST.
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Friday, October 11th at 10:00 am EST.
Official Rules & Regulations
Contest Officials will review all initial application submissions. Decisions, judgements and selections of the committee are at the discretion of the committee and are final. By participating in the competition, each applicant agrees to these Official Rules and to all decisions of the Contest Officials, which are final and binding.
Southwest Regional Credit Union, CR Creative Co. Ltd. and its’ project partners reserve the right to use all participants’ names, likenesses, pictures, voice, biographical information, written submissions and written or oral statements, for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation unless required by law.
Contest rules and regulations are subject to change and updates without notice.
Application and Selection Process
Contest Officials will select up to 3 finalists to advance to the semi-final phase for consideration. Only these finalists will be contacted.
CR Creative Co. Ltd. will meet with each of the 3 (three) finalists to develop a 1 – 2-minute video telling the story of the business owner and the business itself. These videos will be used to highlight each of the companies at which time the public will have the ability to vote on their favourite to win through an online voting application.
By accepting the Grand Prize package the winner releases and discharges Southwest Regional Credit Union, CR Creative Co. Ltd. and its’ project partners, sponsors, information providers, content providers, advertisers, promotional and marketing agencies and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from any liability or damage due in whole or in part to the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or from participation in this competition.
Information regarding Grand Prize Winner(s) will be posted online and will be released to the public through media advisories and other written avenues, including Social Media.
The Grand Prize Winner will be obligated to:
Setup a member account and open a business chequing account that must remain active for a minimum of 12 months with Southwest Regional Credit Union. This is where the funds will be deposited. The Grand Prize winner will also work with CR Creative Co. Ltd. and take advice on how to best spend the $2,500 in marketing services to further their business goals.