Southwest Regional Credit Union Scholarships 2021
Southwest Regional Credit Union will award up to 6 scholarships totalling $6,000. One scholarship will be awarded to Wyoming, Wallaceburg and Corunna members and Sarnia will award two to their members, one extra to be decided. The recipients must be active members of the Credit Union or child/grandchild of an active member and any member may apply. Recipients may apply for each year of the program; however, primary consideration will be given to first-time applicants.
Six (6) applications or more are received - $1,000 each for up to six (6) scholarships
Less than six (6) applications are received - Scholarship amounts will be tiered
Submissions will be accepted until June 30th, 2021. Recipients will be decided on July 15th, 2021.
*The recipients agree as a condition of receiving the Scholarship to participate in any publicity or promotion organized by Southwest Regional Credit Union Ltd. Or to appear on Credit Union promotional material including newsprint & internet, up to one year from the draw date.
- Minimum 70% average to qualify
- Must be an active Member, or the child or grandchild of an active Member
- High School Transcript
- Provide proof of enrollment in a post-secondary education program at any college, university, technical institute, or private college
- Acknowledgement of Accomplishments are welcomed
- A summary listing of extra-curricular activities including sports, clubs, and charitable work
- Submission of a 500-2000 word essay on one of the topics for discussion
Topics for discussion:
- What features do you look for in a financial institution, and what makes you stay?
- What would you do to promote Southwest Regional Credit Union to your peers?
- How has Southwest Regional Credit Union helped improve your financial well-being?
- How does a Co-Op benefit the community?