Southwest Regional Credit Union Scholarships 2023
Southwest Regional Credit Union will award up to 10 scholarships totaling $10,000. The recipients must be active members of the Credit Union or a child/grandchild of an active member. Recipients may apply for each year of the program; however, primary consideration will be given to first-time applicants.
Six (6) applications or more are received - $1,000 each for up to six (6) scholarships
Less than six (6) applications are received - Scholarship amounts will be tiered
Submissions will be accepted until June 30th, 2023. Recipients will be decided on July 14th, 2023.
*The recipients agree as a condition of receiving the Scholarship to participate in any publicity or promotion organized by Southwest Regional Credit Union Ltd. or to appear on Credit Union promotional material including newsprint & internet, up to one year from the draw date.
- Minimum 70% average to qualify
- Must be an active Member, or the child or grandchild of an active Member
- Provide your most recent High School or post-secondary transcript
- Provide proof of enrollment in a full time post-secondary education program at any college, university, technical institute, or private college
- Acknowledgement of accomplishments are welcomed
- A summary listing of extra-curricular activities including sports, clubs, and charitable work
- Submission of a 500-2000 word essay on one of the topics for discussion
Topics for discussion:
- Tell us your thoughts about Southwest Regional Credit Union’s Mission, Vision and Values (found on our ‘About Us’ website page) and how they could make Southwest a good financial partner for young adults.
- If you were elected to the Board of Directors at Southwest Regional Credit Union what ideas would you have to make the Credit Union stronger and more attractive to new young members?
- As a young adult what are 5 things you should know about finances and what financial activities should you undertake to build a financially sound future for yourself?
- Tell us about your post-secondary education area of focus, your long-term career goals, and how you will use your education to make a positive difference in your community in the future.